"I believe in the love of God, it is an orphan's wildest dream, it is a Narrow Little Road, it is an ever widening desert stream" ~ Red Mountain hymn

"This narrow little road may be filled with both abundant joy and humiliating sorrow; surely, even its promised Divine acceptance cannot assure it's travelers absense of profound rejection. Indeed, this narrow road may be filled with a great many things, but the one thing it truly lacks is regret!" ~Debbie Sue



Friday, June 22, 2012

the adventures of huckleberry sue

Well, tomorrow begins the 2012 summer adventure travels of huckleberry sue (yours truly) and her voyaging companions (ie: Mom and younger brother). We are setting up our sails and ready to conquer the land from sea to shining sea (yes we are driving basically from coast to coast). No doubt we will speak of many uncharted territories as we seek to explore the land in the wild wild east (New York, Chicago and Boston). Hmm... that sounds backwards. And is voyaging even a word? Eh, who cares. We are ready to roll people and hope that you will journey with us as we enjoy this big hoorah as a family. 8am we get in our wagon. ok, let's be realistic. This is my family we are talking about here. I say 9:30 at the earliest. We begin our adventure in Boise, and tomorrow we should arrive no later than sunset in Yellowstone National Park. There we will pitch our tent and examine all those yellow stones that the park must surely be named after. (Ahem)Debbie Sue here. Before Miss Huckleberry write you an entire classic novel, I would like to share a few notes and stories. I am no expert blogger. In fact, I can't even figure out how to find a template where I can put pictures in with my stories. So, if yall are facebookians, please feel free to visit my page. I have an album of 2012 summer adventures and there are pictures to go with all the places and people I will tell stories about. When I left Portland, I was able to head up to Northern Seattle to see a very dear friend who I haven't seen for 3+ years- Miss Bethanie and her delightful husband Chris and little man Caedmon. What an absolute joy. We spent the weekend at her parents house right on Lake Cavanaugh. I think it is honestly one of my favorite retreat places to date. We were also able to visit Juanita Park. Let me tell you people, if you have never been there you are seriously missing out. Start planning your trip now, you won't be sorry. After I left Seattle, I journeyed to a little train and egg town called Winlock. I was able to have another reunion with a precious friend that I have also not seen in nearly 3 years- the lovely newly engaged Alycia. We had so very much to catch up on after both living overseas that I extended my stay, uh, 3 or 4 more days. Yeah, I basically moved right in. It was awesome. And I was able to be a part of the beginning dreams of a book in the making. Teri, you better write that book sir. The world needs to hear your incredible life stories about pastoring a small town for 30 years. Then I headed off to Boise where I have the privilege of working with the most amazing delightful people on the planet. Nobody in the world is more blessed than me when it comes to working relationships. I basically get paid to work alongside my best friends and family doing a job that is flexible and I happen to be great at. Doesn't get much better than that folks. well, there ya have it. the entire last month in a nutshell. a large nutshell. If you aren't used to my writing, here's a few hints... read this blog when you have time to sit down and actually read a blog. come prepared to hear honest stories, raw emotions, and lots of corny jokes. if you don't like art or poetic writing, you will hate this blog. if wordy people annoy you, you will hate this blog even more. thanks for joining us yall... we will pick up again when the yellow stones disappear! huckleberry sue

No comments:

Post a Comment