"I believe in the love of God, it is an orphan's wildest dream, it is a Narrow Little Road, it is an ever widening desert stream" ~ Red Mountain hymn

"This narrow little road may be filled with both abundant joy and humiliating sorrow; surely, even its promised Divine acceptance cannot assure it's travelers absense of profound rejection. Indeed, this narrow road may be filled with a great many things, but the one thing it truly lacks is regret!" ~Debbie Sue



Wednesday, March 2, 2011

fasting miracle- Isaiah 58

I have so many thoughts and feelings running through my head right
now! I still can't believe that I will be flying to DC on April 4th.

I'm definitely feeling God's overwhelming peace about that decision even
though my heart is deeply saddened to be leaving these dear dear people.

God has been showing me pieces of what He has taught me here in Liberia and giving me a glimpse of His purpose during this season; such an overwhelming answer to prayer for me!

He is continually walking me through the process of showing me how He has grown me up and healed me in countless unfathomable ways.

He has given me a dream and vision for not only my life but has lit up the path before me, step by step, with His Word and His Truth.

I have been fasting and praying on and off the last couple weeks with several dear friends around the world- most of us have been living or traveling in different countries overseas and we have all been praying for direction in "what's next" and how to love God purely and fully in the now.

As I have been praying and now fasting and reading Scripture daily, I have been feeling very strongly that Portland and finishing College are both a part of this next season for me, but my hands are open and if things change then I want to be absolutely willing to change directions in a moment with the Spirit.

I've been intimately pursuing the Lord in so many new ways (one of which is fasting), and today for some reason I felt a quiet almost irresistible conviction that I should consider finishing my Educational Ministry Degree at Multnomah University in Portland.

To be honest, I've been wanting to pursue more schooling at a University known more for their arts programs. For those of you who walked with me through my story at Multnomah, you understand why this urge seems to be coming from somewhere completely other than myself. For those of you who weren't a part of my life during that indescribable season, I think it is best summed up in the statement-

I serve a God that brings beauty out of ashes.

The last few weeks I've undoubtedly tried to think through everything about this next season logistically but as I mentioned in a previous writing-

"I think God would blow up the word realistic if He could!"

I felt like the Lord was once again asking me to stop my crazy planning and just listen for a few moments.

So I have been obeying Him in that and today the thought of Multnomah felt like it was something just whispered right in my ear- like a sweet passing breeze along a stream of water- something I never thought possible!

Something in me felt like I should have freaked out but instead I was totally shaken by such an invading peace.

So I went and looked at the MU website and with each page and interaction with the descriptions of their vision and mission, I felt more and more excitment rise in my heart. It felt like that rekindling passion of a first love (ok maybe a little different that that)!

Oh friends, I don't know what God has planned for this crazy life of mine, but "I'm tired of living in fear" (check out the lyrics to my song about this under the entry "I am found" on this blog).

I know that Multnomah is a lot of money that I don't have, and I never imagined ever wanting to go back there, but please pray with me as I want nothing more than to follow the heart of God for my life and to entrust Him with all the crazy even seemingly impossible details!

2 comments:

  1. Cool Debbie! I think that's a great start for ya, and when you are getting headaches from too much studying you can come stay with me at the beach :)

    Love Jenni W

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha... i'll be right there with ya!!! seriously though - we're way too much alike - how did we never figure this out before... thanks for sharing your heart debbie - love you!

    ReplyDelete