"I believe in the love of God, it is an orphan's wildest dream, it is a Narrow Little Road, it is an ever widening desert stream" ~ Red Mountain hymn

"This narrow little road may be filled with both abundant joy and humiliating sorrow; surely, even its promised Divine acceptance cannot assure it's travelers absense of profound rejection. Indeed, this narrow road may be filled with a great many things, but the one thing it truly lacks is regret!" ~Debbie Sue



Thursday, February 24, 2011

a month and a mountain

Do you ever feel like life is happening so quickly around you?; like the waves of life are just crashing over you, and yet you hear that still small voice in your heart saying, "why are you so down cast, oh my soul, raise your voice and sing, put your HOPE in Him!"

There continues to be so much beauty and assurance of all that God is and promises to be in my life, so much joy as I walk forward one step at time into His wonderful plans, and yet I also see constant reminders each day that there is an enemy that is actively seeking to depress, divide and destroy myself and those around me. Oh if ever we need Him, my friends, the time is now!

In terms of beauty and blessing, God has been overwhelming me with special people and memories during these last moments in Liberia. Just a few glimpses... a few days ago, I got to be the co-pilot in our SP Chopper as we flew over the gorgeous Liberian jungle, and I got to capture that experience through video (it's on facebook). I have had the privilege of having so much time and beautiful space (at my beach house) to process and write out all that I have learned and experienced on this amazing journey in Liberia; I have posted over 250 pictures on facebook, 60 entries on my blog, and filled up an entire journal full of memories, truths written on my heart, and prayers during this season. I pray that you will all have time to journey in and out of my blog over the next couple months and see how the faithful hand of God has led me through this season in West Africa!

I have continued to be overwhelmed by the love and kindness of the women in my house and on ELWA compound- I have been learning so much from them through their devotion and dedication to God's calling and the amount of work that they joyfully accomplish each week- man those ladies work super hard for God's Glory!

Last night I was overflowing with joy at drama practice. I read with the youth about Jesus the King, the suffering Servant, who forgives all our sins, heals all our hearts, and carries our deepest pain and diseases out of the pit of despair (Isaiah 53); and we just revelled in His love and His presence in our lives. We were all drawn into a deeper love and understanding of this Yahway Rophe (spelling?)- Almighty God the One who heals. I stood in the middle of all their sweet resounding voices with utter delight in my heart and tears rolling from my eyes as we all were singing,

"the nails in Your hands, the nails in Your feet, they tell me how much You love me...the thorns on Your brow, they tell me how, You bore so much pain to love me...oh when the Heavens pass away, all Your scars will still remain, and forever they will say, just how much You love me...so I want to say, 'Forever my love, heart, and life is Yours, Jesus.'"

So I have a little over 1 month left and one very large mountain to climb. It turns out that I won't be flying out of Liberia till April 4th, in order to participate in Franklin Graham's Life Festival in Liberia, and so I will be able to be here as well for the kids drama performance at the end of March. That's such a huge answer to prayer!

Also, I went to get my ticket yesterday and prayed right before I walked in that God would perform a miracle and get me a ticket for 1,100 dollars- an absolutely unheard of price, yet all that I have to give. I don't have time to start crying in thankfulness again right now, so let me just tell you that I'm coming home for $1,124! Oh sweet Jesus, if ever I love thee, my Jesus tis now!

I'm learning to ask specifically, to tell Him my deepest needs and desires, and then to trust purely and wholeheartedly that He will reward those who diligently seek His heart and His will in faith.

If we are truly delighting in Him, then He truly delights in giving us the desires of our hearts... and that my friends has been the greatest truth adventure in Liberia!

No comments:

Post a Comment