"I believe in the love of God, it is an orphan's wildest dream, it is a Narrow Little Road, it is an ever widening desert stream" ~ Red Mountain hymn

"This narrow little road may be filled with both abundant joy and humiliating sorrow; surely, even its promised Divine acceptance cannot assure it's travelers absense of profound rejection. Indeed, this narrow road may be filled with a great many things, but the one thing it truly lacks is regret!" ~Debbie Sue



Monday, February 21, 2011

FLASH: living beyond the limits

Written on 1/27/2011

Samaritan’s Purse (SP) has graciously put me up in a lovely home, and is giving me a stipend for the month to pay for groceries and bless me with a little extra for the volunteer work that I am doing. The country director and I (who is a large caring football-coach of a man who deeply loves Jesus and others) have signed an agreement for me to be with SP through the end of February. After February, only heaven knows. His clearly intended goal is to get me connected with a paid position in the upcoming Agriculture Empowerment Project for Women or Child Protection Program Manager for a Unicef Proposal Project that will be stationed up in Nimba (where the Ivorian Refugee Crisis is).

Throughout February, I will be working on 3 projects for SPL which I'm very excited about. First of all, I've been asked to write SP Liberia's new Vision and Mission Statement for their Website (I've been asking that God would grow my writing skills and give me opportunity to do so, but I never expected something like this).

That's my Jesus though. He's always giving us earthlings what He knows we can't do on our own, but making sure it can't destroy us if we are clinging to Him. I love that about Him; it's what makes my walk with Him such an adventure of faith and trust.

I have been put in charge of managing a $5,000 project to go and furnish and rehabilitate a school on a quaint little land called Cooper's Farm. Also totally over my head, but the thought is totally invigorating to my soul. To think of all these little ones that will be able to be trained and taught once again in this community just brings a smile to my face as I imagine the heart of God bursting with joy for these little ones. Thirdly, I will be compiling a yearend report for all the major programs to submit to Headquarters in Boone, North Carolina. That's the only project that makes me feel a little dizzie even thinking about it.

I've been reading a book called Living a Life Beyond the Limits. It has been shaking my soul and drawing me ever nearer to Jesus. I'm committed to stirring up my soul for Him alone through all seasons of life and reading God's Word and truth filled books is what keeps my eyes and my heart focused on the King of Kings and His great redemptive plan through all things. There has continued to be many struggles, trials, broken hearts, deaths, sickness, poverty, and abuse (not of me) around me. But in all these things I look to Jesus as the source of hope.

His Word says, "Even we ourselves groan within ourselves, eagerly awaiting the redemption of our bodies..." This Jesus knows our situation. He knows our weakness. He knows what He's called us out of and what He's calling us to. Don't be surprised if it's something more than you could handle! Consider Him. Consider His Mighty strength and the wonders He has performed through incredibly weak vessels all throughout history. Think of the disciples, even the prophets, and the sons of God who were called as His kings to conquer kingdoms; do we not model the same struggles that they professed (inadequacy, sinful choices, selfishness, anxiety, and even downright despair)? If He chose these vessels as kings for His Glory in the past, then can’t we (His broken and even weak servants today) also glory in the strength and power of Christ in us?

~26 Brothers and sisters, think of what you were when you were called. Not
many of you were wise by human standards; not many were influential;
not many were of noble birth. 27 But God chose the foolish things of
the world to shame the wise; God chose the weak things of the world to
shame the strong. 28 God chose the lowly things of this world and the
despised things—and the things that are not—to nullify the things that
are, 29 so that no one may boast before him. 30 It is because of him
that you are in Christ Jesus, who has become for us wisdom from
God—that is, our righteousness, holiness and redemption. 31 Therefore,
as it is written: “Let the one who boasts boast in the Lord.”~

In God's Strength, let us live for Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment