"I believe in the love of God, it is an orphan's wildest dream, it is a Narrow Little Road, it is an ever widening desert stream" ~ Red Mountain hymn

"This narrow little road may be filled with both abundant joy and humiliating sorrow; surely, even its promised Divine acceptance cannot assure it's travelers absense of profound rejection. Indeed, this narrow road may be filled with a great many things, but the one thing it truly lacks is regret!" ~Debbie Sue



Monday, February 21, 2011

FLASH: home with a bang!!

Written on 2/17/2011 (4 days ago...)

Let me start by saying that this has been quite the journey of praying and waiting these last several months, but I'm so thankful because Jesus has been more than enough in the midst of the journey.

When we are forced to wait before Him, forced to sit silently in His Presence, forced to get on our faces in solitude and surrender, it is then that Jesus is able to invade our continually occupied minds and hearts; it's then that He is able to get our full attention, to shine His light on the path before us, to teach us His ways in the quietness of our souls, and just to delight in our presence with Him.

I have been reminded lately of the scripture "pray without ceasing."

That whole "present your requests" part I have down, but oh how I struggle with that constant state of submission and humility before the Father. I'm incredibly thankful that His Spirit intervenes on our behalf during seasons when we feel without words- seasons where we are groaning and crying out before God for Him to see us and hear us and not turn his face in our distress.

I'm one of those individuals who can ramble before people and before the
Lord (no comments please ;) and so most of my prayers these days happen sitting in silence and trying with all the strength of Christ to just listen and quit speaking for once- definitely a discipline I am not used to. Oh but He has been meeting me in those times in special ways that I have never experienced; taking me deeper into Himself, and filling me with a joy and a peace I never thought possible, and I am left just utterly speechless- thankful and in awe- of His goodness and mercy towards me a sinner.

| ο θεος ιλασθητι μοι τω αμαρτωλω
Oh God be merciful to me a sinner!

Yesterday I had a good meeting with Kendell (my SP Country Director). We discussed the movement forward on the rehabilitation of the school project I am managing and I was so blessed to hear him say,

"Debbie, you are doing an amazing job with this school, but you are running faster than I can keep up!"

We start the renovations Monday and you can all expect to see some before and after pictures at the end of February... yay!

So here's the big news. We also discussed the upcoming projects and possible positions coming available and I...wait for it...as for now... wait for it....hahahah... I will be coming home!!! Probably mid to late March is the current plan. As of now, there are two interns and I that Kendell has sent proposals to Headquarters to hire but they haven't responded to any of his requests in the last 2 months.

So, for now I'm happily coming to the States, and if anything changes or opens up, SP will pay to change my tickets.

I have so many emotions right now. I LOVE Liberia, I have sensed God's
nearness and grace here in inexplicable ways. I have tasted of His abundant kindness and provision in the depths of my soul. I have been filled with passion and utter yearning to do His Will, and I have been made a more giving, truthful, and steadfast servant as I fervently prayed, waited and trusted in Him alone.

I am absolutely DELIGHTED to be coming HOME, but the hard part is definitely praying about where "home" will be.

Please pray with me and for me during this season of transition. Pray for my heart and for the hearts of those that I will be leaving behind; I
have come to dearly love so many of them.

Parting is truly such a sweet sorrow, isn't it?

Pray that I will also remain present this next month as I prepare to leave Liberia with a bang!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment